The Canadian Council on Africa (CCAfrica) is pleased to invite you to join an historic Business Mission to Ethiopia this February, 2015. This Business Mission coincides with the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Canada and Ethiopia and represents a collaborative effort between Ethiopian Embassy (Ottawa – Canada) and Canadian Embassy (Addis Ababa – Ethiopia).
Ethiopia represents one of the fastest growing economies in the world and the pace of development, across diverse sectors of their economy, continues unabated. The Governments of Canada and Ethiopia have determined the most mutually beneficial way to celebrate 50 years of Diplomatic Relations is to undertake this Trade Mission with the specific goal of increasing trade relations between our countries.
Sectors to be featured in the February 2015 Trade Mission include:
• Energy / Power: Generation & Transmission of Electricity from hydro, geothermal, solar, wind and waste sources of energy
• Agriculture: Commercial Farming, Agri-Technology & Supply, Livestock (including beef & dairy farming)
• Infrastructure: Construction, Project Financing, Design/Management Consultancy, & Technology Supply – (primary focus – roads & railways);
• Construction: Commercial (Office Buildings) and Housing
• Transportation: Road, Rail, Automotive Parts Manufacture; Railroads – Safety Management & Freight Security;
• Manufacturing: Food Processing, Garment & Leather Products (finished products for tariff & quota free export markets in North America);
• Hospitality: Five Star designated Hotels / Lodges / Resort Development and Restaurants;
• Mining: Minerals – Exploration and Development
Ethiopia, with a population of more than 90 million, has demonstrated uninterrupted, double digit (non-oil) GDP growth for the past 11 years. According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTD) World Investment Report 2014, Ethiopia is classified as one of the major FDI destinations in Africa. Canadian companies searching for new emerging market opportunities should consider Ethiopia as a preferred destination.
Ethiopia is host to approximately 118 global diplomatic missions. The African Union (AU) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) are headquartered in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, making it the third largest diplomatic city in the world next Brussels and Washington DC.
Ethiopian Airlines is one of the leading airlines in Africa and the world. It is a member of the Star Alliance (includes: Air Canada, Lufthansa, Brussels Air, South Africa Airways, etc.). Ethiopian airlines serves 5 continents that encompass 83 International, 49 African and 20 local destinations. Ethiopian Airlines has 3 direct non-stop flights per week between Toronto (Canada) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) – which simplifies doing business between Canada and Ethiopia and the continent of Africa.
This invitation is an opportunity that your company cannot afford to miss. Please sign up today! For more information, please contact: Nola Kianza, Founder & Director, CCAfrica at: